Wednesday, August 21, 2013

"It's Not Weird, Just Different."

"It's not weird, just different."

This little saying has been drilled into the brains of thousands of Rotary Exchange Students. At least for me, it is a constant thought in the back of my mind, 'Mallory, it's not weird, you're in a different country and they do things differently! Just accept it!' I just wanted to make a list of things that are VERY different from the states. I thought that might be interesting! Here they are:

1. Cursing- Here in Denmark it is completely okay (mostly) to curse. In school and at home its 'f this, f that' and 'wtf'.' That is very different....I'm not used to that being acceptable!
2. Drinking- They drink all the time! At parties, during dinner, all the time! That is definitely something different considering our drinking age in America is 21.
3. Partying- They like to go out to the club/disco and drink and have fun. Actually on Friday there is a party at my school, and I am looking forward to that! Don't worry mom, I will be fine(; 
4. The Windows- They are so cool...I have never had to open a window like the ones we have in the house before! 
This is how you open some of the windows.
This is my other window!




5. The Shower- There is literally nothing seperating the floor from the shower. There is no tub that you stand in or anything like that! You just stand on the tile!
This is the shower!

That is all for now, I didn't want to mention the food quite yet because I haven't experienced everything! I will talk about that later(:

Bye for now!(:


No comments:

Post a Comment